Rutherford County has excellent access to north/south and east/west interstate highways allowing for fast, safe and economical transportation of products. The county's superb network of roads also links Rutherford County with the region's major cities, universities and cultural/recreational areas.
*Click image to enlarge or Click here for a PDF of the Regional Map
Airports / Air Service
Within an hour’s drive, Rutherford County is served by three airports providing access to all major mainline U.S. carriers for domestic and international passenger service. Two are international airports, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport and Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, and one is a regional airport, Asheville Regional Airport. Charlotte-Douglas International Airport also features an Air Cargo Facility
which is recognized as the #1 industrial hub in Southeast USA.
Private and light commercial aircraft are served by the Rutherford County Airport – Marchman Field, which can accommodate most executive and industrial aircraft on its lighted 5,000 linear foot runway. For rules and regulations, as well as airport statistics, visit the Rutherford County Airport’s webpage. For additional airport flight navigation information, visit globalair.com or airnav.com.
CHARLOTTE-DOUGLAS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Miles from Gateway West Commerce Park: 61
- 2nd-largest hub for American Airlines
- More than 700 departures and landings each day
- Non-stop service to 140 destinations
- 6th busiest airport in the world
- 7 Domestic and 3 Foreign Flag carriers
ASHEVILLE REGIONAL AIRPORT
- Miles from Gateway West Commerce Park: 46
- 5 Major Airlines
- Average of 49 non-stop daily departures to 14 major cities and 18 airports
- 120,000 S/F FedEx Cargo Facility
RUTHERFORD COUNTY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT - MARCHMAN FIELD (KFQD)
- Miles from Gateway West Commerce Park: 49
- Non-stop service to 10 major cities: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Newark, New York, Orlando, Punta Gorda / Ft. Myers, St. Pete / Clearwater and Washington, DC
- 8,001 x 150 foot runway
- Miles from Gateway West Commerce Park: 8.5
- 5,000 X 100 foot runway; Asphalt surface; Medium Intensity runway edge lights
- Average 92 aircraft operations per day
- 38 aircraft based at the Field (single & multi engine aircraft, jets and helicopters)
Rutherford County is served by major LTL and Long Distance trucking carriers that serve the Southeastern US. Truck Service, Inc
is headquartered locally.
*Click image to enlarge or Click here for a PDF of the Transportation Map
Rail service in Rutherford County is provided by CSX Transportation
and connects with most mainline railroads. Within the county, the Thermal Belt Railway
provides short line service between Bostic, Forest City and Spindale. Within one hour’s drive is the South Carolina Inland Port
in Greer, SC, an innovative intermodal facility providing shippers with access to more than 95 million customers within one day’s drive. Norfolk Southern serves the inland port through its main rail line and helps importers and exporters maximize the tonnage moved per gallon of fuel, saving them money and lowering their carbon footprints.