wave graphic


Have an Industrial, Commercial or Residential Building Permit question?

Property located within the city limits or ETJ of the Town of Forest City, contact:
Forest City Building Inspections / Zoning / Planning Department - (828)248-5201 

Property located within all other municipalities or unincorporated areas of Rutherford County, contact:
Rutherford County Building Inspections - (828) 287-6035.

An Industrial/Commercial building permit application and associated permitting fees can be found by visiting the County Building Inspectors webpage.

- Septic approval from the Rutherford County Health Department or the appropriate sewer official is also necessary if a sewer system is to be built

- Before a permit can be issued, a Pre-Permit Authorization Form must be picked up and completed at the Rutherford County Revenue Department at 229 N. Main Street, Courthouse Addition, Rutherfordton, NC; a property address will be issued for the new project here.